Code of conduct
PARENT / GUARDIAN SECTION
1) Parents should support the efforts of the volunteer coaches and of HFLA.
2) Parents should set the right example for your child by always showing good sportsmanship.
3) Parents will not argue with a coach, official at any HFLA event.
4) Parents use of profanity, drugs, alcohol or tobacco during any HFLA event is prohibited.
5) Any parent who crosses the field barriers during a game risks their child being disqualified from HFLA. Parents and spectators are to be situated on the opposite side of the field from the players’ box (where applicable).
6) Parents who incur an un-sportsmanlike behavior penalty risk their child being disqualified from further participation.
7) Parents should never voice any complaints or concerns towards coaches, referees or league officials in front of the children.
8) Understand that your child will be given every opportunity to
participate; however, the safety of our athletes is our #1 concern.
9) Parents should praise your child’s efforts and always offer your support. Please allow your child to play as a child and have fun. Parents who do not comply with the rules as outlined in HFLA or sports rule package run the risk of removal from observing games and expulsion of their child from the team.
1) Players will support their team members.
2) Players will be team players and always put the team first.
3) Players will stay within the team areas of the sidelines during games. 4) Players will accept their coaching and be ready to learn and have fun.
5) Players will listen to the coaches and follow the rules of HFLA and of the sport.
6) Players will demonstrate good sportsmanship on and off of the field of play and will not be malicious or retaliate when they feel they have been wronged.
7) Players will attend all practices, games, and any other team function on time.
8) Players will show respect towards all coaches, players and officials at all times.
9) Players will not fight, use foul language or argue with coaches, teammates, or referees / officials.
10) Players will cooperate with their coaches, teammates, officials, and other players.
11) GHL may suspend and/or expel any player at any time for conduct deemed detrimental to GHL. Such conduct may include, but is not limited to, arrest and/or conviction for any criminal offense and/or violation of the GHL Code of Conduct and/or league rules."
Players who do not comply with the rules as outlined in HFLA or league rules run the risk of expulsion from the team.